Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 1

That is day number 1 over with!
The day went soooo quick! But it was so much fun :)
A lot of the activities I will be doing are similar to what I was doing at New Look.
Today I tried to get to know the systems, which was hard as my log in wouldn't allow me on them!
Doing day to day tasks looks a lot easier than it did at New Look too! Mainly because the systems are a lot quicker and any amendments to orders are all done by the buyers, which is great!

I managed to do some size analysis for them on the thermals, this is good so I could show what I already knew.
I also know how to check the store grading on items, what to do when we are missing documents and can't process stock and how to check what is on commitment and therefore needs to be chased.
I do think it was a successful first day and I really enjoyed myself. I haven't met my assisstant merch yet as she is still on holiday, which is a bit of a bummer as I am spending the next 2 days downstairs on shop floor!

There is still a lot more to learn and I am def looking forward to learning it!

Keep reading!!
Day 2 tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment