Thursday 3 January 2013

Day 2

Day 2 was defiantly more active! I spent all day on shop floor and forgot how much it hurts your feet!

I am amazed at how organised and well run the shops are.
I started off by helping one of the departments with their delivery, which was interesting as each department only completes their own delivery. This is better than having one person complete the whole thing alone!
Once the delivery is done any excess stock is put away as soon as.

After helping on shop floor, I spent some time in the office looking at the reports and systems used. The replenishment system is better than any I have seen as the stores can choose their own deliveries. As the store has a delivery every day, the stock ordered will be in the following day.
This is done every morning after looking at the top 25 or even top 50 of needed. The store manager would ideally have everything on 1 weeks cover!! I am use to trying to be on 8- 10wks cover!
I was also shown how to adjust stock and look at any minus stock numbers, again these should be done every day as they affect stock take results.

Later in the afternoon I helped with recovery, which is standards and making sure everything is sorted and looks good on the floor.

I am on shop floor again tomorrow, looking at some more reports and systems they use in store.

Day 3 tomorrow!
Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment