Monday 7 January 2013

Day 4

Today was my first Monday and it felt a little strange not having to be in the office early! (Won't take long though)
First thing I set up some reports I was asked to do on Friday, this gave me a chance to use the systems and get use to them a bit... I still can't get over how much easier the systems are! They are brilliant!!

Once these reports were done it was just about time for the first trade meeting. This one was for all accessories, such as jewellery, hats, bags, belts, etc. in the meeting we went through by line what was performing and what may need some help. The difference in sales units is huge! For example one bag sold about 2000 units! It's mad! Also the amount of units they buy! I will have to get my head around the quantities.
After this meeting there were 2 more for shoes and underwear.
The trad meetings took up 3 hours of my day already.

In the afternoon, I was shown how to check kimballs will work in store and how to put markdowns through. Markdowns aren't done by us they get sent to someone else in the company who decides whether they are worth marking down.
I think again it is a better way of doing thing.

Keep reading!!
Day 5 tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment